https://mowat-wilson.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Life-Hacks-page-0.jpg 1200 1200 Marcia Smith https://mowat-wilson.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MWS-logo-final-340-1.png Marcia Smith2022-02-22 13:07:592022-02-22 13:07:59Life Hacks for MWS families
Released February 22, 2022
- Keep a backpack handy (by the door) in case of emergencies. In the backpack keep emergency medications, snacks, extra clothes, diapers, and small toys.
- Purchase multiple copies of favorite toys and keep them in each room and the car – this will eliminate problems if a favorite toy is lost or misplaced.
- When looking to purchase a new vehicle, make sure that the wheelchair easily fits.
- To get a wheelchair easily in and out of a van, use a dog car ramp – they are much cheaper than ramps specifically for wheelchairs
- Ask the hotel for a room with easy access and notify the desk if you have any medical emergencies, so they can make sure that all professionals can easily find your room
- When looking for places to vacation, prioritize locations with a good hospital nearby
- TSA Cares – this program will help passengers who need help going through security and getting to the gate: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/passenger-support