https://mowat-wilson.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Life-Hacks-page-0.jpg 1200 1200 Marcia Smith https://mowat-wilson.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MWS-logo-final-340-1.png Marcia Smith2022-02-28 15:17:432022-02-28 15:17:43Life Hacks for MWS families
Released March 1, 2022
- Take a travel bag with you on trips. Safeplace bedding.com provides safe solutions so your child does not fall off of a bed. You can strap this on to any size of mattress even air mattresses. The mission of Safeplace Bedding is to give the WHOLE family the joy of travel with a safe, affordable, and hassle-free sleeping solution for your restless special needs loved one.
- Have a device that your child can watch in the car. Some kids love to watch basketball, golf, hockey, or other sports.
Toys, Touch, and Interactions
- Some children love toys that spin or anything that they can chew on – hand held chewing toys can keep them entertained. For chewers, Ark Therapeutics makes a lot of different toys.
- Some Therapists suggest using a small handheld massager to desensitize tactile interactions. Using a brushing technique with a special brush can also be helpful. Learn more about tactile defensiveness here
- Some children really like touch and feel books, such as Melissa and Doug Poke and Dot books
Meals and Eating
- Special devices can be helpful to help your child hold a spoon or fork with dropping it. Check this out:
Kinsman EazyHold Infant to Child Universal Cuff Hand Grip (5 Pack) for Pediatric Special Needs – Adaptive Utensil