https://mowat-wilson.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Life-Hacks-page-0.jpg 1200 1200 Marcia Smith https://mowat-wilson.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MWS-logo-final-340-1.png Marcia Smith2022-03-30 10:34:072022-03-30 10:34:07Life Hacks for MWS families
Released April 1, 2022
Tips for the Bathroom
- In the bathroom, put a basket of toys on the floor – if your child bends over, it helps them use the bathroom
- Give your child some water to drink in the bathroom to help them need to urinate
- Use a spray bottle with warm water or have water running to help the child urinate
- Pants with elastic waist can help children who find it difficult to undo buttons and zippers
- Use a deflector on the toilet to ensure that the urine goes into the toilet
- There are a lot of new companies that sell adaptive clothing
- Some children suffer from mild to severe constipation – a physician should be notified of any problems.
- Fleet liquid glycerin plunger suppositories are better (bowl movement happens immediately) than the old-fashioned stick suppositories – because they don’t have to dissolve. Always check with your child’s physician before using any over-the-counter medications.
- Some children use colostomy bags – the 2-part system seems to last much longer