Effective date: March, 12 2021
The Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation operates the www.mowat-wilson.org website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”). This webpage informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
WE RESPECT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY
Your personal information will be held in strict confidence. We use your information only for its intended business purpose. We do not sell or trade your information to other organizations or individuals.
WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
If you choose to send us email, we may retain the contents of your email message, our reply and your email address as part of our ongoing customer service efforts. We reserve the right to contact you after you have contacted us and may send future email and/or surveys to you about the Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation. You may notify us via email if you wish to discontinue electronic communication.
WE KEEP ACCURATE RECORDS
We keep your personal information as accurate, complete, and up to date as is required to fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provided it to us. Upon written request we will remove your personal information from our databases, except where legislation or regulation requires our retention of it (for example, charitable giving history tied to income tax receipts). You may request a copy of your information, request to delete your information or request to remove yourself from our databases by communicating with us via the contact information listed at the very end of this policy.
- Service – Service is the www.mowat-wilson.org website operated by Organization
- Personal Data – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data – Usage Data is data collected automatically and either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies – Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, city, state, ZIP/postal code, province
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING AND COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
The Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
The Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation shall provide you with the recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data, if any.
The Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation will work within 72 hours of a data breach to gather all related information, conduct a thorough investigation, inform regulators and impacted individuals of the breach, identify what personal data has been impacted and how; and draft a comprehensive containment plan, reporting data breaches to the relevant regulator.
If we are unable to provide a notification within the 72-hour window, we will provide reasonable justification for the delay; which may be caused by potentially adding additional disruption to regular business operations and exasperating administrative hassle.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://mowat-wilson.org/contact/
- By phone number: (702) 658-5391
- By mail: 4009 Tyler William Ln., Las Vegas, NV 89130-2628
Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation (hereinafter “MWSF”) maintains this site (the “Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without MWSF’s written permission.
Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and MWSF regarding this subject matter are superseded and of no force or effect.
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of MWSF. MWSF neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with MWSF.
2. While MWSF uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, MWSF makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. MWSF assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
3. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither MWSF nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. MWSF also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by MWSF or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, MWSF is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
5. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, MWSF. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
6. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of MWSF., and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Trademark owner. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that MWSF, will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
7. MWSF has not reviewed all the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any other sites linked to the Site. We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Web sites from our sites. But we don’t endorse or approve any products or information offered at sites you reach through our site. Check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in an Energizer-operated site or have moved to another site.
8. Although MWSF may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Site MWSF is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. MWSF will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing MWSF to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. Software from this Site may be further subject to United States export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals, or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
10. MWSF may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
For general enquiries please mail to: Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Foundation, 4009 Tyler William Ln., Las Vegas, NV 89130-2628.